Friday, September 4, 2009

Kicking off another season of UVA Football

Normally in this space at this time, I'd be filling you in on the enemy for the week, but I don't think anyone really cares what UVA's academic little brother (or as cjhoo noted to me, the the future Fighting Asparagus) is going to bring to the table this week (no pun intended). 

But I did want to add a quick word about a guy who would have been looking forward to this game just as much as anyone, and that's the recently departed Mike Colley, former Assistant Director for Media Relations at the University and a lifelong Cavalier fan who died earlier this summer from a sudden heart attack.


I knew Mike back when I was just a young journalist, and he was always good to me even though he was often annoyed with me (I know because he'd tell me so).  I won't pretend Mike & I were fast friends, so I'll leave more appropriate tributes to those who knew him better than I -- here and here.  But for those of us who knew him, we know he'll be watching wherever he is (and happy he doesn't have to round up anyone for quotes afterwards).  Go Hoos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment